The Mexican Home Kitchen
With over 75 recipes, The Mexican Home Kitchen compiles the traditional home-style dishes enjoyed every day in Mexican households-with a great influence from the states of Tamaulipas, Nuevo Leon, Veracruz, Puebla, Estado de Mexico, Tabasco, and Yucatan-including breakfasts, stews, soups, pastas, rice dishes, and moles, along with dishes like enchiladas, picadillo, and milanesa, and rounded out with delicious salsas, drinks, and desserts.
For Mely Martinez, Mexican cooking has always been about family, community, and tradition. Mely started helping in the kitchen at a very young age, since she was the oldest daughter of eight children, and spent summers at her grandmother's farm in the state of Veracruz, where part of the daily activities included helping grind the corn to make masa. She started her popular blog, Mexico in My Kitchen, to capture the recipes and memories of her home for her son so that he will someday recreate and share these dishes with his own family. In the meantime, her blog has become the go-to source for those looking for authentic home-style Mexican cooking.
Recreate these favourite dishes using inexpensive, easy-to-find ingredients:
• Caldo de Pollo (Mexican chicken soup)
• Beef Birria (shredded beef cooked in a red stew)
• Tacos de Bistec (steak tacos)
• Sopes (a street food made with dough and topped with various meat fillings)
• Pork Carnitas
• Salsa Taquera (salsa for tacos)
• Pork Tamales
• Red and Green Enchiladas
• Pastel de Tres Leches (a luscious and moist cake that's a Mexican favourite)
• Bunuelos (crispy dough fritters coated in sugar)
• Gorditas (classic Mexican street food with a variety of fillings)
• Queso Fundido (a melted cheese appetiser, topped with chorizo)
• Mole Poblano (one of the most classic and popular moles)
• Tamales de Elote (sweet tamales with a ground corn filling.
• Nopales recipes (recipes made with cactus paddles)
• Chicken Tingas
Complete with easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions, stunning photos, recipe stories, and cooking tips, The Mexican Home Kitchen will have you enjoying the fresh flavours of Mexico in no time.
We are instore for click and collect
MON - FRI: 10AM - 4PM
Location & Parking
- There is ample parking (90 minutes free) with an entry via St Andrews St.
- Dogs are welcome!
Shop 3 Dendy Plaza
26 Church St
Brighton, Victoria, 3186
PH: (03) 9553 8033
FAX: (03) 9592 6955